How Do I Use My Alloy SmartHome Smart Thermostat?
Enjoy the benefits of remote control, cost savings, and energy efficiency with the Alloy SmartHome Thermostat. The Alloy SmartHome thermostat is very simple to use as it only has three buttons for functionality. The small button located on the right side of the thermostat is the Menu button; it will also be the button to change your modes, fan modes, view your current temperature, and get to the settings. The other two buttons are the + and - buttons on the home screen, which give you the ability to adjust the settings.
Controlling Your Alloy SmartHome Smart Thermostat:
To change the Thermostat Modes:
- With the screen on, press the side button once
- Use the + and - buttons to cycle through to the modes: Heat, Cool, Off, and Heat/Cool, which acts as Auto mode
Once the desired mode is on the screen, press the side button once to confirm the switch to that mode
Changing Thermostat’s Fan Modes:
To change the Thermostat Fan Modes:
- With the screen on, press the side button twice
- Using the + and - buttons, cycle through to the desired fan modes: Auto, On, and Circulation (the Auto Fan Mode will read as Fan, on as On, and circulation being listed to run for 15 minutes, 30 minutes, or 60 minutes
- Once the desired mode is on the screen, press the side button again to confirm the switch to that fan mode
To change the settings of the thermostat:
- Press and hold the side button down for five (5) seconds and settings should appear
Use the + and - to navigate through the settings provided:
Schedules can be used to automate your heating and cooling system based on your daily routines. Because your HVAC system will only be running when you actually need it, Schedules can also help you reduce energy usage, and, in turn, help you save money on your utility bills.
Many thermostats allow you to program basic schedules directly into the device itself. However, to ensure proper functionality of your thermostat within the SmartRent, please use the SmartRent App to configure your desired heating and cooling Schedules. For instructions on creating Schedules, refer to our How Do I Set Up a Schedule in the SmartRent Mobile App? article.