How Do I Control My Devices with Amazon Alexa?
Before you can begin controlling devices with your voice, you will first need to connect your Amazon Alexa-enabled device with SmartRent. Check out our How Do I Integrate Amazon Alexa with my SmartRent System? article to get started. A full list of Alexa commands can be found on Amazon.com. The actions a device can handle vary depending on the type of device.
Amazon Alexa Commands:
To start a command, simply say “Alexa” followed by the desired command. These are a few examples of commands you can use in your SmartRent ecosystem:
- “Alexa, turn on the kitchen lights”
- “Alexa, turn off the living room lights”
- “Alexa, set lights to 50%”
Air Conditioning and Heating:
- “Alexa, set the thermostat to cool/heat/auto/off”
- Alexa can not turn your HVAC on or off; instead, instruct Alexa to “set thermostat to off” or “set thermostat to cool/heat/auto”
- “Alexa, set the thermostat to 75 degrees”
- “Alexa, what is my thermostat set to?”
- “Alexa, lock the front door”
- For security purposes, Alexa can NOT unlock a door