Now that you have integrated your SmartRent devices, Amazon Alexa will allow you the option to use the Alexa app on your mobile device to create Routines that automate how your compatible Echo devices and SmartRent devices work together.
How to create a routine:
- Launch the Alexa app.
- Go to the menu and select routines.
- Select the + icon located in the top right corner.
- Select when this happens, and then choose how to trigger the routine. For sensor routines, select your installed motion or contact sensor.
- Select add action and then choose which action it completes.
- Select the actions you want to add.
- Type in your desired trigger phrase.
How to Schedule Routines
In addition to triggering Routines with a voice command, you can also have them go off at a certain time of day.
- From the Alexa app, tap the menu icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap routines.
- Tap the + icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select when this happens.
- Select schedule.
- Tap at time and enter the desired time.
- Select the hour and minute you want your routine to start.
- Select OK.
- Tap repeat if you want it to go off regularly (optional).
- Select the days you desire for the routine.