How to Reboot the Hub
Like any other computer, the hub can get into a bit of a funk (in rare cases) where it may not work as expected. Since there are multiple hubs, some may need to be rebooted differently.
For Zipamicros (black and green hubs, although they may also be hidden inside of a grey, wall-mounted enclosure with SmartRent on the front):
- Unplug the power cord while leaving the Ethernet cable plugged in.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- If the light remains on, remove the green lid and remove the battery from the inside as well. Once the light turns off, you can put the battery back in and put the lid back on.
- Plug the power cord back into the hub.
- Wait about 1-2 minutes for the hub to reboot. Once the light is a solid color, restart your app to see if it is online.
There are also a couple of additional steps you can take with ZipaMicros to supplement the reboot process if it still won't come online.
- You may notice a small 1/2 inch slot on the bottom of the hub, on the same side as where the light would be. Within this slot should be an SD card that you can pop out with your fingernail and then put it back in. Wait a couple of minutes, then check the app again.
- On the back of the hub next to the Ethernet port, there may be a small USB type memory device plugged in. If your hub has one of these, you can try disconnecting it from the hub; wait about 10 seconds, then plug it back in. The hub will likely start rebooting after this, so give it a couple of minutes and then check the app again to see if it's back online.
For Zipaboxes (white hubs with antennas):
- Hold down "Button 2", on the top of the hub, for 5 seconds to reboot.
- You should see the lights turn off - when they do, you can release the button and this will start the rebooting cycle.
- Wait about 2-3 minutes for the hub to reboot. Once you see a solid green light on the hub, restart your app to see if it is back online.