How to Combine SmartRent with Siri Shortcuts
With Siri Shortcuts, a user can run a scene in the SmartRent mobile app using Siri voice commands. These voice commands can be customized to the user’s preference.
Steps to Establish a Siri Shortcut for Running a Scene
- The first step is to simply run a scene in the SmartRent app.
- After the user runs the scene, iOS will detect the potential shortcut. You can see this by visiting the app icon named Shortcuts.
- To add a shortcut, tap create from the Shortcut app.
- Next, tap add action.
- Search for SmartRent and tap the app icon.
- Choose the shortcut you would like to add. On the following page, tap next.
- Give your shortcut a name, and then click done in the upper right.
- From the home screen of the Shortcut app, you should see the newly-created shortcut.