How to Connect Your Hub to Local Internet
There are two options when connecting your SmartRent hub to your local internet:
- You can connect directly via the provided Ethernet cable that is plugged into the hub. To accomplish this simply plug in the other end of the Ethernet cable into your internet router.
- You can connect over WiFi in the SmartRent mobile app.
To connect your SmartRent system to your local Wi-Fi follow the below steps based on the type of device you are using.
Residents and homeowners have the ability to easily know if their hub is connected to Wi-Fi or Ethernet. In order to ensure the strongest connection for your smart home system, we advise that residents connect to Wi-Fi. This will allow for the best possible connectivity and device control.
Select More from the bottom navigation bar → Select Settings → Network Settings
- If WiFi or Ethernet is currently NOT detected the network setup screen will appear.
Wi-Fi Network Setup
If you select Wi-Fi, we will begin Searching For a Network and populate a list of Wi-Fi networks in the area
- Select your Wi-Fi network, enter your credentials and see a Connecting to Network Loading Screen.
- If the connection is successful the user will see a success screen, if there is an error connecting to the network the user will see an error screen with a Retry button.
Ethernet Network Setup Walkthrough
If you choose to connect your hub over Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi, select Ethernet
and follow the instructions.
- When the ethernet cable is successfully plugged into the hub, you will see a screen indicating the connection was successful.
If you ever wish to change your network, tap on the Change Network button on the connection screen to reconnect via a different method.