How to Create an Automation in the App
An automation allows you to define a "trigger event" and once that event occurs, one or more of your smart devices will perform a particular action automatically. Automations can be customized for any of your devices.
For example, let's say you want to trigger your thermostat to set the temperature to 75 degrees when your front door is unlocked. In this example, the front door being 'unlocked' is the trigger and the effect is the thermostat being 'set to 75.' An automation will run regardless of how the event was triggered; whether it be through the app, website or manually.
From an iOS device
1. Tap on the more tab from the bottom menu.
2. Tap on automations.
3. Tap on the + icon to create a new automation.
5. Provide a name for your automation and tap next.
6. Select a trigger for your automation and tap next.
7. Set the effect(s) for your automation.
8. Tap done.
To delete an automation:
- Tap on the more tab (iOS).
- Tap on automations.
- Select the automation you wish to delete.
- Tap delete this automation at the bottom of the screen.
- Select yes to confirm the automation be deleted.
- Alternatively, you can swipe left on the Automation to automatically delete.