What is Google Home Integration?
The SmartRent & Google Home integration allows residents to use voice controls to update, and control their SmartRent connected devices.
What is required for Google Home Integration?
- Resident must have a Google Assistant support device (Google Home Hub, Google Home Mini, Google Phone etc..) and account.
- Resident must have a SmartRent connected device, be moved-in via the SmartRent system and have accepted and created a SmartRent account.
Connecting Your Home to Google Home
- Using the Google Home app on your phone, click "Add"
- From the "Add and manage" screen select "Set up device"
- From the "Set up" screen select "Have something already set up?" under the "Works with Google" section
- Scroll to or search for "SmartRent" then select it
- You will now be directed to login to your SmartRent account. This is the same account login information as the mobile app.
- Read and authorize Google to control your smart home devices.
- You're accounts are now linked and you can use voice controls to interact with your smart devices.
What can I do with SmartRent & Google Home Integration?
With the SmartRent & Google Home integration you can request, ask, and update your smart devices including locks, thermostats and switches.
All requests start with "Ok Google" or other custom commands if created.
- Turn the thermostat on/off
- Set the temperature to 75 degrees
- Turn up the temperature by 5 degrees
- Turn up/down the temperature (turns up/down the temperature by 5 degrees)
- Set the thermostat to heating/cooling
- Set the thermostat to heat-cool
- What is the temperature inside? (with the thermostat on)
- What's the thermostat set to?
- make it cooler/warmer
- What’s the humidity for thermostat? or What’s the humidity inside?
- Is the <switch name> on? or Is the <switch name> off?
- Turn on the <switch name> or Turn off the <switch name>
- Lock my door or Lock <lock name>
Note: to ensure security, we do not support unlocking the door with voice at this time.
If you have any additional questions, please contact our support team via email at [email protected], by phone at (844) 479-1555, or start a live chat with us in the mobile app.