Effective February 20, 2019
By visiting the Site, using or downloading the App, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. SmartRent’s Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
- Information We Collect About You
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Third-Party Ad Networks
- Third-Party Links
- Security of My Personal Information
- Access to My Personal Information
- Children under 13
- Contact Us
1. Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. Certain areas and features of our Services require registration. To register you must provide your full name, email address, password, and phone number. We also may collect additional optional information from you, however, you are not required to provide us with this information.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
- domain name;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view; links you click; your IP address;
- the length of time you visit our Site and/or use our Services; and
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
- Your device’s location information. With your consent, we will collect location information from your device’s web browser. We use this information to ensure our app works and is displayed properly or send you notifications.
- mobile device ID; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version;
- language information;
- activities within the App, such as turning lights on and off, temperature settings, etc.
- the length of time that you are logged into our App and
- Location information: with your consent, we will collect location information from your mobile device to enable features in a home vs away scenario. You may choose not to enable this feature, but there may be a loss of some functionality within the app if you do so.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- Providing and Improving our Services: To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- Tailoring Content: To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- Marketing and Communications: For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your mobile phone number, our app, or your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- Research and Analytics: To better understand how you access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to your desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Legal Compliance: To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.